Monday, May 14, 2012

5K..say whaaaaaaaaaaaaat???!!!!????

That's right friends, I have signed up for my very first (er, second) 5K. I did a 5K waaaaaay back in the day when I was approximately 11, 12 or 13 years old. I can't even remember it's been so long!


On July 15th, I will be heading to Fifth Third Field and joining thousands of other runners, walkers and "get healthy" enthusiasts along with this guy

                        

When I registered, I thought I was just going to be able to cross "finish a 5K" off my bucket list, but apparently you also score an awesome goodie bag that includes vouchers for FREE FRESH FIT subs from Subway, a custom Subway Dragons 5k dri-fit shirt, a Subway refillable jug, a Dragons hat, tickets to a Dragons game and more!

Not only do I get to run/walk this 5K with my best friend and significant other, but I also get to do it with a co-worker.

I've come a long way since April 24, the day I decided to take back my life. I've managed to push myself harder than I ever had, strengthen my lungs, and look and feel lighter - 13.6 pounds lighter, that is.

What more could a girl want...besides to shed some more pounds???!!!!???

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! Good luck Jess! I am definitely up for some running at Senior High if you are! I would love to do a good run at the end of the summer! :)

    ReplyDelete