Wednesday, May 19, 2010

fighting the fight

You know the saying "be a lover, not a fighter"...well, I don't necessarily agree with this saying because I am a fighter...

I am a fighter for the people that I love
I am a fighter for the truth
I am a fighter of asthma
I am a fighter for self confidence
I am a fighter for justice
I am a fighter for self worth
I am a fighter for standing up for what I believe in
I am a fighter for friendship
I am a fighter for children
I am a fighter for respect
I am a fighter for love
I am a fighter for me

Whether or not these statements reign true today, at one point in my life I was (and quite possibly still) fighting for these things. People don't typically think that people like me with a bubbly, outgoing personality who almost always has a smile on her face is allowed to have a bad day. But, I do. And today was one of those "terrible no good very bad days" but I have to pick myself up and keep fighting the fight. And today, I'm fighting the fight for myself and for Mark. To me, this saying means "fight for the things that you love" and that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

No comments:

Post a Comment