Monday, May 3, 2010

proud couponers

I used to keep my couponing a big secret and only my family and my boyfriend knew about it because I thought I would get made fun of. I recently was able to share my love of coupons (and saving) with two of my very close friends. Fast forward to today...I just received a text from one of those friends telling me that she was able to get $93 bucks worth of groceries for $59 dollars. I am sooooo very proud of her. It's expensive to live, let alone living as a college student in grad school while doing an unpaid internship so mad props to you, Alicia for jumping on the coupon bandwagon and saving a TON of money and having "food for the rest of your life" haha.

In addition to coupons, I loooove getting free money in the mail. Okay, okay, it's not a $10 bill that comes in the mail but Kohl's sends me $10 cards all the time. It's a gift card for $10 off any purchase which means that you can technically get $10 worth of items for free - I like to keep my OOP (out of pocket) cost down as much as possible so I tend to go for cheaper items. On Friday, I went to Kohl's to see what I could scrounge up for $10. I needed another rug for the kitchen so I picked one up for $7.99 (originally $24.99) and then I found a pair of Xbox 360 boxers for Mark on clearance for $2.80 (originally $14.00) . I was able to get $38.99 worth of merchandise for .85 cents. Yes, you heard it right .85 cents. Thank you Kohl's!!

Have any of you scored some pretty sweet deals on anything??

Peace, hugs & smiles,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment