Tuesday, April 20, 2010

arrive hungry

Yesterday, I was told about a Beth Moore Bible Study that was taking place at our Beavercreek Branch and I was kind of skeptical to go. One, I have never actually been to or a part of a bible study so I didn't know what to expect. Two, I didn't think it was for me...EVER and three, Bible studies sound so lame.

I say this with all the "happy" in my heart and soul that one, I have now attended and been a part of a bible study. Two, it is for me and three, it's totally not lame. It's not your typical, "lets sit in a circle and read scriptures to each other out of the bible and talk about it". This is deeper than that and more personal. I look forward to going every Tuesday as I feel, and as Beth Moore states that I am "ordained by God to be in this bible study" simply because life is hard and there are things in my life now that I struggle with (but I'm not staying there) and this is the perfect time for me to be a part of moving closer to God. I will attend weekly and I will arrive hungry.

Peace, hugs, and smiles,
J

1 comment:

  1. J Brunk,
    I am SO glad that you are a part of the study. It makes my heart happy to have you there. And, I am glad that you really believed me when I said it would be awesome--because it is awesome! Relating God's Word to our lives is so helpful in figuring out the path we should take! I'm SO ready for this study to get started!! Let me know if you have problems finding the book!
    Love you lots, becky :)

    ReplyDelete