Wednesday, April 21, 2010

financially smart

If you know me, you know that I like to use coupons. A LOT! If you don't know me, you will soon find out. It's not something that I really have to do but it's something that I choose to do. Plus, the high you get from walking out of a store knowing you just purchased $150 dollars worth of items and only spent $4 out of your pocket is AMAZING! (And yes, this very situation happened to me at Walgreens last year - thanks to my trusty ole coupons). Every Sunday (except the ones that don't have coupon inserts), I grab 2 papers from the gas station down the road and I head home to clip and flip (clip the coupons and flip through the ads). I buy two so that if i find a great sale I can stock up. If I spend less than $4 on 2 newspapers, I only have to use 4 - .50 off coupons to get my money back (the stores that I shop at double my coupons up to a $1) Many non-couponers may think that coupons are for those financially strapped or poor. I say coupons are for those that are financially smart. Why in the world would you give your hard earned money away when you know you can save HUGE if you just take a little bit of time. Even if you don’t coupon in a big way, take the time to scan your ads and cut some coupons out. If you are an occasional couponer, you may not notice the savings with just a stop here or there, but if you were to record all of your coupons, I am sure you’d be amazed; I am. I even had a friend call me the other day with all the excitement in the world because it was her first time using coupons AND she saved 7 bucks and some change - I think that's totally awesome!! If you really want to see the outcome of saving with coupons, join with me in trying something new that I have been doing: take the money you save by using coupons and store cards (Kroger, Giant Eagle...) and put that into your savings account (you will find the amount you save on your receipt). Trust me, it adds up quickly and really, you wouldn't be missing any money from your checking account because you would have initially spent that money on your groceries IF you weren't using coupons anyway. Happy Couponing!!!

Peace, hugs, and smiles,
J

1 comment:

  1. jess!! you are so smart, friend!! i am so glad that you shared your love of coupons with us all--you are such a motivation to me!! for real! :) love you, b

    ReplyDelete