Tuesday, November 9, 2010

just call me suzy homemaker

Today I've been in the kitchen cooking up some goodness. First of all, I prepared tonight's dinner in the crock pot - Thai Peanut Chicken (which was a dish that we were supposed to have last week but we had so many leftovers I decided not to make it). And then I made a broccoli and bacon salad - you know, the one that you have at picnics and potlucks - the one with the grapes, small pieces of broccoli and crisp bacon mixed with a delicious dressing. And last but not least, I made some peanut butter and chocolate fudge. I have never, in my life, ever attempted fudge because I thought it was hard but I actually never took the time to look at fudge recipes which in fact, are rather easy. I particularly loved this recipe because everything that I needed for it, I had in my pantry plus its gluten free. If you are looking for a yummy, easy and delicious fudge recipe, try this one:

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Fudge
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 1/3 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
1 7 ounce jar of marshmallow creme
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts (optional)
  1. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, leaving about 1 inch of foil extending over the ends of pan. Butter the foil; set pan aside.
  2. In a 2-quart saucepan combine sugar and evaporated milk. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until sugar mixture boils. Reduce heat to medium; continue cooking for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
  3. Immediately stir in peanut butter, marshmallow creme, and chocolate pieces. Stir until chocolate melts and ingredients are well combined. Quickly spread fudge evenly into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with peanuts (if desired), pressing them lightly into the fudge with a spatula or your hands.
  4. Cover and chill for 2 to 3 hours or until firm. When firm, remove fudge from pan, using the overlapping foil to lift fudge. Place on a cutting board; cut fudge into squares. Store, covered, in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes 3 pounds (64 pieces)

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.

Peace, hugs & smiles,
J

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jess,

    I enjoyed reading your blog. Growing up with 5 siblings my mom would often make fudge every Friday night! We watched with baited breath until we were old enough to make it ourselves and then we were making it all the time! We did a lot of experimenting with peanut butter and other flavors but our favorite remainde chocolate! Love you, Sheila

    ReplyDelete