Saturday, November 6, 2010

music

Music is what feelings sound like. When I'm expressing any kind of emotion be it sad, angry, happy or mellow I listen to music. The simple art of musical instruments and life altering lyrics have always been a huge part of my life. I listen to anything and everything and if you ask me what kind of music is my favorite or what my favorite band is, I won't be able to answer that. Music is the universal language of mankind and it truly speaks to me. Hearing a certain song reminds me of specific people, places and times in my life whether they bring me comfort, animosity or sadness, it still makes me feel. When I hear "A Song for Mama" by Boyz II Men, it reminds me of Nick and how he played that song for his mother at her funeral. When I hear Blue October's "18th Floor Balcony", it is a promise of the future as it is the song I want to walk down the aisle to on my wedding. When I hear "Friends" by Michael W. Smith, it reminds me of every camp I have ever attended as a camper. When I hear any song by Logan Ross, I hear God given talent that provides me with a blanket of peace. "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey reminds me of everyday in college. When I hear John Waller's "While I'm Waiting", I'm constantly reminded of my faith and where I am currently at in my life. I can't turn on the radio, or open iTunes and NOT hear a song that doesn't bring back a flood of emotions, that one memory I forever have a connection with.

Peace, hugs & smiles,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment