Monday, January 16, 2012

DIY scarf

I have linked up with At Home with K for Terrific Under Ten Tuesday.

I had the urge to be crafty, so what better place to turn to than my "just call me martha stewart" Pinterest board.

I made this beauty!!! And I can't wait to get my hands on some bigger t-shirts so that I can make longer ones!!!


I'm really loving mustard yellow right now so I was happy to cut up the Wright State University tee that I no longer wear!

In case you want to make your own all you need is a t-shirt that you no longer want or need and a pair of scissors. Cut the hem off the bottom and set it aside. Then cut 1/2" strips (width wise) all the way to the armpits. Once you have cut your strips, stretch each of them out (they will curl on their own) and then place them together and use the hem to tie it together. I didn't need any money for this project and it took less than 10 minutes. Some of my friends have even asked for one!!

Have you made anything from Pinterest?
How about you try a Terrific Under Ten Tuesday project and don't forget to link up Kindra at At Home with K!!

Love & Laughter,
J

1 comment:

  1. That's so cute--and you could totally teach it to your kids at work or at camp! Such an easy and super cute craft! :) I've seen people make little rosettes with them too! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete