Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas, Christmas!

I hope everyone had the most amazing Christmas full of blessings! I know that I am truly blessed with the love of Mark and my family.

I worked about 3 hours on Friday, ran a couple of errands and then my sister dropped off my adorable niece and nephew to spend the night with us. They helped make cookies, and even wrapped some gifts for Mark, their sibling and their mommy and daddy.


 The snowman cookie that Kayla and Mark made together. She instructed him. It was so cute!

They even got to open a Christmas Eve, eve present. Look how excited they were.

Some lovely little goody bags for the movies that we watched together. We had so much fun!!!!!!!

On Saturday, my sister and her husband came over (since the kids were already here) and we enjoyed a mass amount of food...and gifts
My whole menu was a huge hit...especially the sliders. My sister couldn't believe that I actually made all of it!!! I was super impressed that Paula Deen's Gooey Butter Cake (made from a GF yellow cake mix) came out waaaaaaaay better than I imagined! It was really nice being able to eat everything on the table this time!!!

We even had a blast tearing into our Christmas gifts from one another.

 Boy, did my sister and brother in-law put Mark to work...
This was a box of torn up newspapers that he had to sift through to find 25 dollar bills rolled up tightly and tied with ribbon. I thought it was a clever and fun idea!!
 Austin was sooooo excited about opening all of his gifts and he said he loved them all. He also said "sank you auntie and uncle mark" each time he opened one. Soooo cute!!
 This was Kayla's reaction to pretty much everything she opened from us. I'm glad we could put a smile on her almost 10 year old face. Whhhhaaaaaat? 10??!!!!???? When did that happen!!!???!!!
 This picture makes me giggle. I don't think I have seen him smile like this...ever!! This is before he opened some awesome Pyrex baking dishes from us!!
Here is my sister opening the Burlesque CD she wanted ever so bad. Her comment that she made while opening it, "what? no? it couldn't...it is" then...LOUD screams! We didn't know it was going to make her that happy but I am glad that we could!

I love my new camera I got on Black Friday. Soooo many pictures were taken including my three most favorite pictures of the night...
 This is Austin who thinks he is Justin Beiber...
 And Spiderman.
And this is Kayla "dying" because she got Justin Beiber PJ's!

Mark and I attempted to take some cutesy Christmas pics in front of the tree but those didn't come out too well. At least not to my liking so I won't be sharing any of those. However, here is some pictures of Mark opening some of his presents on Christmas Day.

 He definitely needed this new Samsung Bluetooth to go along with his new Samsung Exhibit II phone
 Who can't use a Starbucks card. Everyone loves Starbucks, right?
 What's better than slipping your ice cold feet into a nice, warm pair of memory foam slippers?
And this is just one of the sweater vests that he got.

The other, he wore today while out shopping for Mighty Monday...
He's so handsome if I do say so myself.

Even though we didn't get a white Christmas, we still had the best weekend! Mark and I are truly blessed and I am so thankful that this is the fifth Christmas we have been able to spend together.

I hope your Christmas was just as amazing as ours was.
What was your favorite things about your Christmas this year?

Love & Laughter,
J



1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures! Your food spread looks so so delicious! I love that you get to have such a special time with your niece and nephew. That is so such a great tradition! :)

    ReplyDelete