Sunday, October 3, 2010

day seis

Coming up with five people who mean a lot to me is rather easy. The hard part is picking out the five that gets to have a shout out! Since I only surround myself with great people (lol), here are 4 people and 1 place that means an extra amount to me...

My boyfriend, Mark. We have known each other most of all of our lives. We have grown up together, attended church camp together, and actually didn't start dating until 3 years ago. He is my best friend and I would do anything for him and he would have my back 150%. I can't wait until the day that we make it official because we love each other forever, for always and no matter what.

Lee Lee. Triple L. Lee Lee Lee. Whatever you want to call her she has been such an inspiration, an influence and a rock throughout my life. I've known her for about 12 or so years give or take and we have so much in common and act so much a like that I could really be her twin, or she could be my mother. I love to laugh with her, cry with her, snuggle with her, walk with her and everything else in between. She has really been there for me in the last year or two as I have gone through some pretty rocky times. I can't thank her enough for all that she has given me, taught me and will continue to teach me.

My niece, Kayla and my nephew, Austin. I love being an auntie (as Kayla calls me) and an auntine (as Austin calls me). Kayla is my absolute world. We have a bond that is so strong and I love spending all the time I can with her plus, she is funny and she says the darnedest things. Austin is just so independent and has no fears about facing the world. He has a lot of love for other people (especially his sister). I adore the little one and eight year old that I have in my life! I can't wait to have kids of my own because I know they will be so loved by these two.

My boyfriends grandma. They haven't always gotten a long but things between them have been better than ever now. Yes, she likes to eat all the goodies at women's retreat and yes, she likes to call Mark all the time (I think one day she called him 7 times) but she means well. She has loved him unconditionally and sometimes she has made some bad judgments and mistakes when it comes to Mark but she is making up for it and I am so happy that one day we will all be family.

And last but not least is a place that I have mentioned before but I would love if everyone knew about this place - Camp Bountiful. I have grown up at this camp from birth to now (and I just turned 27) and it has really given me a place to always feel accepted, loved, cared for, inner peace, and fellowship. I have some awesome relationships that have come out of being at this camp. It's in Southern Ohio tucked in the hills and I wouldn't want it any other way. I never knew that one place could be so full of love, solitude and absolute greatness until I look back on all that it has given me. It will always remain a part of me wherever I go and whatever I do.

Until tomorrow when you find out my four turn offs...

Peace, hugs & smiles,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment