Monday, October 4, 2010

day siete

Wow! Only four turn-offs huh! I could think of a million (but I'm not shallow or high maintenance). I just think people in general don't have any manners. This doesn't mean I am the most perfect person but here are four things that turn me off when having to deal with the general population.

  1. Unnecessary yelling/cursing/beating your child in front of everyone about NOTHING! I have seen this a multitude of times in every environment and I just wish I had enough guts to say something to their parents. All the times that I have witnessed this, all the child(ren) wanted to do was tell their parents something but they just get yelled at. The worst I have seen - "You little f*****g boys need to shut the f**k up. No one was talking to you so stop playing these games you little motherf****rs. I will beat the s**t out of you when we get home if this f*****g s**t continues." I wanted to scoop those kids up so fast and take them home with me. If you plan on talking to any kind of child this way, then maybe you should think twice about procreating.
  2. Giving me your advice / input when I'm not directly talking to you. I have had strangers in a grocery store, department store, etc. listen in on the conversations that I am having with a friend or with Mark and they will just turn around and put their two sense in. I'm not trying to be mean, but I don't know you and you don't know me so don't get in my business cause I'm not all up in yours.
  3. People who smoke in public areas. I have no problem with smokers. They aren't bad people, they just have made a bad decision and I, having chronic asthma, do NOT want to smell or inhale your cigarette. The worst smoking in public thing that I hate more than anything: People smoking in front of their kids/babies! Nothing makes me more angry than seeing that.
  4. People who simply don't use manners. You know, the easy ones that you would think people would use on a daily basis: saying thank you when I hold the door for you, saying thank you when I let you through rush hour traffic, or what about holding the door for me when you clearly see that I am coming with a lot of things in my hand, or saying excuse me when you are coming down the aisle at the grocery store and I don't see you and you start charging at me with your cart thinking I'm just going to move. In the last scenario, I just want to let you know that in most cases, I don't move which makes the other person actually have to say excuse me. In some cases, I do move and say really loud "EXCUSE YOU!" or "YOU'RE WELCOME" when I do something nice for someone and they don't say thank you. I learned my manners as a young child and I know from experience that it literally takes .2 seconds to say "thank you" or "excuse me". This world would be a happier place if they thought about others and used their manners.

Whoa, that was long and I'm sorry for all the tangents that I went on but I get going when I am passionate about something. So just you wait until you hear my three turn ons! Until tomorrow...

Peace, hugs & smiles,

J

PS. It's not too late to start the 10 day blogging challenge. Once again, here is the schedule:

Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
Day Two: Nine things about yourself that most people don’t know.
Day Three: Eight things you couldn’t live without.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you could change or you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot to you.
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two words that describe your life right now.
Day Ten: One confession

No comments:

Post a Comment