Friday, September 10, 2010

"i do"

In exactly one year from today, on Saturday September 10, 2011, I hope to have a different last name - the one that my boyfriend carries. I say hope because a lot of things have to happen first. I need to:
a) get a job
b) save money
c) get ENGAGED!
d) finalize my ideas
e) play out my dream wedding (or the wedding that I can afford)
...IN THIS ORDER!...
(unless Mark wants to propose before or after a and/or b)
That's A LOT to accomplish in one year. However, I have been planning my wedding since the age of 13. You know, the wedding that (mostly) all little girls dream of - the fairytale princess wedding - the one without a budget (because who knows the cost of wedding planning when you are that young), the one where your husband is a knight in shining armor (because aren't all boyfriends/husbands/fiances supposed to ride up on their white horse and save you from the bad guys), and the one where nothing goes wrong (because aren't all fairytale princess weddings perfect). My wedding will by no means be THEE fairytale princess wedding or even the perfect wedding, but, it will be OUR wedding. It will be simple and fun. Rustic and charming. Low budget and beautiful. I have been working very hard (especially lately) to try and make things happen. So here's too (hopefully) a new beginning, a new last name, and new initials, J.L., in one year. CHEERS!
Peace, hugs & smiles,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment