Sunday, September 26, 2010

language of coupons

I just came back from a really awesome young adult retreat at camp where we learned about our love language and trying to make that work in any and all relationships that we have with people and understanding why we do the things we do because of our love language and in talking about our love language, I have found out that all of the young women that attended actually spoke another language - coupons and saving money. I am absolutely 100% the kind of person that loves, loves, loves saving money so a friend actually talked me into posting some of the deals that I come across when I do my ad to coupon match-ups or just couponing information in general. One store that I love is Meijer and Meijer doubles coupons up to $1 so that makes it that much more worth it to go too. I am known in my circle of friends and family for saving 50-97% of my grocery bill a week. Now, grocery shopping every week may not be ideal or even convenient for all people but works for me because it lets me match the coupons that I have to the sales in the ads. The two places that I shop at the most are Kroger and Meijer. They are close by and they both double coupons. I get more than 90% of my coupons in the Sunday newspaper but I do print the ones that I know I will use or need from websites like coupons.com, smartsource.com, and redplum.com. Being that I have an allergy to gluten I also use mambosprouts.com for some of my gluten free needs. I also load digital coupons onto my Kroger card at kroger.com and now you can do the same at Meijer with their mPerks program. One important thing to do though is too make sure you know your grocery stores coupon policy so you are more aware if a problem with a coupon does arrive. I actually printed out the coupon policies for the stores I shop at so that if there is a problem I don't have to wait for a manager and it makes me look prepared and a knowledgeable couponer. With all of that being said, I have done a few match-ups for Meijer. These are ONLY the match-ups that I feel are not bad deals with the coupons that I currently have in my binder but do not reflect the entire ad as there are other sales going going on this week that I do have coupons for but I did not add that into this match-up as I didn't feel that they would be good deals after the coupon. If you want other match-ups I would suggest goggling coupon blogs in your area or coupon match-ups for (insert your favorite store). Happy shopping at Meijer!

Kellogg’s Cereal /Breakfast food (Raisin Bran, Nutri-Grain bars, Frosted Mini Wheats, Frosted Corn Flakes) $1.99
Use $1.00 off 2 packages of Raisin Bran
Total $2.98 for 2 or $1.49 each
OR –
Use $.60 off 1 package of Raisin Bran (from Parade insert)
Total $.99 / 1
OR –
Use $1.00 off 2 packages of Frosted Mini Wheats
Total $2.98 for 2 or $1.49 each
OR –
Use $1.00 off 2 packages of Kellogg's Corn Flakes
Total $2.98 or $1.49 each

Aunt Millie’s Bread or buns $1.25
Use $.55 / 1 any kind Aunt Millie’s bread
Total $.25

All Liquid Laundry Detergent 100 oz. $5.99
Use $1.00 off All Liquid Laundry Detergent 28 oz or larger
Total $4.99

Oscar Meyer hot dogs $1.25
Use $1.00 off 2 packages of any Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs
Total $1.50 for 2 or $.75 each

Orville Redenbacher Popcorn B1G1 (buy one get one free)
Use 2 $.40 off 1 package of Orville Redenbacher popcorn
Total – prices vary

Welch’s Jam or Jelly 2 for $4
Use $.55 off any 1 Welch’s Jam or Jelly
Total $1.00

Yoplait Yogurt 10 for $5
Use $.40 off 6 cups
Total $2.20 for 6 cups or $.36 each
OR –
Use $.50 off 8 cups
Total $3.00 for 8 cups or $.38 each

Progresso Soups $1.25
Use $.50 off any 2 soups
Total $1.50 for 2 or $.75 each

Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie Mix $1.67
Use .75 off 2 BC Supreme Brownie Mix
Total $2.34 for 2 or $1.17 each

Bugles $1.50
Use $.50 off 1 Caramel or Choc. PB Bugles
Total $.50

Chex Mix $1.50
Use $.50 off 2 any flavor Chex Mix
Total $2.00 or $1.00 each
(Not really a great deal as I have always been able to get Chex Mix and Bugles for free)

Keebler Cookies $1.99
Use $1.00 off 2 packages of any Keebler cookies
Total $2.98 for 2 or $1.49 each

Activia Deserts 2 for $4.00
Use $1.00 off any 1 Activia Dessert 4 pack
Total $1.00

Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt $1.89
Use $1.00 off any 2 Light & Fit 4 packs
Total $2.78 for 2 or $1.39 each

**Use the following promotion to your advantage:
Buy any four Activia, DanActive, Light and Fit 4 pack get $2 off instantly
Here are some ways to do your transaction:
Buy 4 Activia Dessert 4 packs $8.00
Use 4 $1.00 off coupons on any flavor Activia Desserts - $4.00
Register will take $2.00 off instantly - $2.00
Total $2.00 for 4 4-pack Activia yogurts or $.50 each
OR –
Buy 2 Dannon Activia Desserts $4.00
Buy 2 Light & Fit 4-packs $3.78
Use 2 $1.00 off any 1 Activia Desserts - $2.00
Use 1 $1.00 off any 2 Light & Fit 4-packs - $1.00
Register will take $2.00 off instantly - $2.00
Total $2.78 for 2 Activia and 2 Light & Fit or $.70 each

Silk Soymilk $2.94
Use $.55 off 1
Total $1.94

Huggies Tub Wipes 2 of $4.00
Use $.50 off 1 package of Huggies baby wipes 64 ct. or higher
Total $1.00


Peace, hugs & smiles,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment