Friday, September 3, 2010

mPerks

Meijer is one of my all time favorite stores. Even when I was younger it was my favorite store to go to with my mom. I remember when they had a lot of fun activities for kids - and they still do. They have lots of sample Saturdays and they even hand out coupons and have things for kids. I even got a free goldfish when I was little and last summer, Mark won 2 Reds baseball tickets from Meijer. I didn't think this store could get any better but it does. I'm pleased to let you know that they have a program that allows you to use digital coupons at the store. That's right, no clipping coupons, no wasting paper or time. All you have to do is sign up here, "clip" the coupons that you want, then redeem them at the checkout. They just need your basic information and your cell phone number which becomes the number that you input at the checkout BEFORE you pay. It's easy as that. No card to carry, and you definitely won't forget your phone number, and there are no pins to remember either. They have a really awesome coupon right now that gives you $2.00 off a purchase of $5.00. They update their coupons weekly which is really awesome. I was so excited (and eager) to see how this program works, how easy it is and how user friendly it is so my lovely boyfriend and I ventured to Meijer the other day to check it out. We purchased some chicken and 2 Purina kitten chow in which I will donate to the animal shelter since I don't have a kitten, or a cat. My transaction looked like this:

Purina Kitten Chow $1.99
Purina Kitten Chow $1.99
Meijer Family Size Chicken breasts $8.52
________
Total $12.50
- $1.99 (Purina Kitten Chow FREE coupon)
- $1.99 (Purina Kitten Chow FREE coupon)
________
Total $8.52

I then hit the mPerks button on the check out card machine and it took my $2.00 off coupon since I purchased more than $5.00 which took my total down to $6.52. Add in .23 for tax and I only paid $6.75 for 5 lbs. of boneless chicken breasts. For me, this program comes at a great time seeing as how I am unemployed and have very limited funds. I've never had a bad experience at Meijer - they have friendly greeters, awesome cashiers, very helpful employees on the floor, fast pharmacy workers and now they have this amazing time and money saving program. My cashier that I had today even said "I'm gonna have to sign up for that thing (meaning the mPerks program) because it really does save money." Yes!! It does and that's what I love to do --- save money! And I can, thanks to
Meijer!!!

Peace, hugs & smiles,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment