Monday, September 26, 2011

Kroger, Blue Moon Affair and other ramblings

I'm actually saddened by the lack of coupon match-ups at Kroger so I would much rather not waste the time in posting them so you can head on over to How it Have it All's blog and check out the Kroger Deals page to get all of the coupon match-ups and sales.

In other news, I have a big work event coming up on Friday called the Blue Moon Affair. This gala supports the youth programming where I work, the Youth Empowerment Center. Not only will there be a free cocktail hour, dinner, dancing and live entertainment, but Judge Hatchett will be our guest speaker.
Although I will be working (just transporting some youth), my dear boyfriend will be accompanying me to this event. I'm not sure what to expect really, but let's just hope we raise enough money so that I can keep my job and that we can change more young lives.

I have also been listening to Pandora Radio and I forgot how much I loved it. I've been tuned into the Ray LaMontagne channel. AWESOME!!

I've also been wavering back and forth about a decision that I have to make - to attend my 10 year High School Reunion. I'm not sure if I want to go, and then if I don't go, would I regret it?? What do you think I should do. To go? Or not to go? That is the BIG question!

I was just asked to be in a wedding yesterday!! How exciting is that??!!!?? It's always an honor to be asked to be in a wedding so I was thrilled (and surprised) that my good friend, Naomi, asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding! I'm very excited and happy for her and her fiance, Jeremy!

I've also had a burning itch to start crafting. I'm talking about re-doing furniture, making cutesy things for my apartment and crafting things to give as presents.

Here are some things that I want to try (courtesy of Pinterest):
 Something ambitious, but I think it would be so fun to re-do ugly furniture. And think about all the money you would save.
 How cute is this wreath. It totally can be used throughout the entire winter season. I know we aren't there yet, thank goodness, but if I want this done by winter, I need to start like, yesterday.
 I love recycling things to make beautiful, fun things like this bowl made from magazines. I wonder how long this would take me?
 I think the idea of monograms are cute but I especially love the twine wrapped around the letter and the cute navy bow and flowers. I bet I could make a different colored bow and flowers for each season (or month).
How darling are these totes. Apparently it only takes 20 minutes to make but I don't have a sewing machine and I don't really know how to sew all that well, but they sure would make cute gifts!

WOW! I just realized how long this post was, so I apologize, and thank you if you made it all the way through...bless your heart.

Love & Laughter,
J

1 comment:

  1. So exciting that you are going to be in Naomi's wedding! So so fun! :) And, I think your Blue Moon Affair sounds so fun--what are you going to wear?! :)

    ReplyDelete